Dominion Diving offers hull cleaning services that include barnacle and sea-life removal on:
During a propeller clean, all growth is sanded off and then the disc pads are changed for polishing pads.
It is a known fact that every dollar spent on a hull clean and propeller polish saves the company $8 in fuel. A smooth and properly polished propeller costs less to maintain, reduces fuel consumption by up to 10% and does not foul easily.
Dominion Diving also performs in-water surveys for vessels including visual inspections, photographic surveys and CCTV surveys.
Common reasons for an In-water Survey
- Damage assessment
- Preparation for sale or purchase
- Assessment of anti-fouling paint systems
- General inspections of hulls, plating, welding, water intakes, propeller and rudder
- Assessment of general hull condition and/or damage for classification society approval to extend dry-dockings
- Preparation for dry-dockings