Dominion Diving is committed to offering clients only the highest quality products and services. Our highly trained personnel are capable of completing the job typically within 24-32 hours to aid in minimizing down time for the vessel. If you require dry box ship repair services please get in touch directly at 902-434-5120.
Dry Box Services
- Inserting Steel Hull Plating & Valves
- Certified Permanent Crack Repair
- Underwater Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Dockside Repair Facility
- Repair work able to be conducted at Harbour anchorage
*Custom boxes are available for asymmetrical surfaces.
Our process for S.H.I.P (Submerged Hull Integral Procedure)
- Locate and identify crack
- Document existing crack with still photography, video and measurements
- Under approval of Certifying Authority, the work scope is defined
- Divers install underwater dry box system
- Water is then evacuated using the system, creating an atmospheric dry environment
- After ascertaining the ends of the crack by NDT, the crack is then back gouged out and confirmed by further MPI
- Upon weld completion, a final internal MPI is conducted to confirm no cracks are present
- The weld is allowed to cool at the specified rate
- The outside dry box system is then flooded and removed
- An underwater MPI is performed on the root pass
- A completion video and dimensional survey are conducted and documented for the final report
Our dry box system has been accepted as a permanent repair by Lloyds Registry, DNV and numerous other Certifying Authorities.